South Africa Aquatics Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Showing of pictures

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
tomk

tomk

Showing of pictures Empty
PostSubject: Showing of pictures   Showing of pictures EmptyTue 04 Sep 2012, 23:27

I notice that people just place a link of a picture, in stead of displaying the picture in the post. This might be for a reason, like it is better for mobile devices, but I find it very frustrating to go click on every link that is given, to see the picture. It is so much easier if the pic is displayed and you can just keep scrolling through.

If it is a case of 'I do not know how to do it', here is a quick 'how to'.

Place your link inside image brackets. You can type it out, or use the quick link above the posting area. It is called 'insert Image' and if you hover your mouse over the icons, it displays 'Image' Click on it and a box appear where you can paste your link. If you just click on OK, without pasting a link, an empty set of code is inserted, wherein you can place your link. It will look like this:

Code:
[img][/img]

You can then click in between this set of empty image codes and paste your link. It will look like this:

Code:
[img]http://image_url.jpg[/img]

Then you can preview your post and see if it displays correct. If not, do the corrections and view again. Once satisfied, send!

Play around with it, there is many ways to use the shortcut Icons.
Back to top Go down
nesretep

Showing of pictures Empty
PostSubject: Re: Showing of pictures   Showing of pictures EmptyWed 05 Sep 2012, 03:28

Thanks for that good bit of info @Tomk, I myself have been struggling with just this, and hope to do a better job of posting images in the future, plus I a sure others will also find it usefull as tie marches on.
Back to top Go down

Showing of pictures
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
South Africa Aquatics Society :: General :: Suggestions-
Jump to: