South Africa Aquatics Society

South Africa Aquatics Society

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Share | 

What water hardness Guppy love ?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dewald

PostSubject: What water hardness Guppy love ?   Mon 07 Jan 2013, 20:05

Back to top Go down
View user profile
johanbosman

PostSubject: Re: What water hardness Guppy love ?   Tue 08 Jan 2013, 15:03

I used to keep some guppies years ago and I never checked the water parameters.They spawned like crazy and grew up to adulthood fast.So I take it I did something right....lol I used normal pretoria tap water treated with water conditioner and bob's your uncle.The water wasn't even cycled. But this is what I found on google and this is a direct quote "I would suggest a pH of 7.0 - 7.8, harder water rather than softer, and slightly to moderately alkaline" This is what most people recommend.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.facebook.com/groups/512920725398648/
len.weideman

PostSubject: Re: What water hardness Guppy love ?   Fri 03 May 2013, 16:58

@Dewald you guys tested the TDS yesterday when I was there. I ordered my own TDS meter today. Tell me again, what is the ideal hardness for guppies?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Barries
Admin

PostSubject: Re: What water hardness Guppy love ?   Fri 03 May 2013, 23:45

Great stuff Len! In all honesty!!!!! I can't answer you lol We keep our guppies in very hard water as you witnessed! A few years ago my son started breeding guppies and I did a few test on the water hardness ph KH temp ect Well at that time I was suffering from killi-fever! So tank space was very limited and I used the guppies as food for the killies so it ws a win win situation for my lol I had a group in 950ppm,Ph 8.5 and water temp 24C they were the best group we had going! They produced a lot of healthy fry and their overall condition is very impressive! Sadly the groups that were kept in softer water didn't do to well and the cooler the water temp was the groups didn't produce many fry and very weak fry.We used Singapore Blues
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What water hardness Guppy love ?   

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1